Being a virtual assistant is so rewarding; you get to help business owners who align with your values and be their right hand and business partner to help them fulfill their dreams.
Meanwhile, you are getting paid for doing something that you love, and you can just grab your laptop and head to anywhere you want to go.
You experience FREEDOM every day of your life. How amazing is that?
But becoming a virtual assistant is not easy, you have to put a lot of work into it: spend a lot of time networking (SO IMPORTANT!) and being up-to-date with your skills and the online world. You sometimes may feel a bit lonely, and that the people who surround you might not support you because they don’t even know what remote work is or what a VA is.
For those moments of loneliness, or feeling that you want to give up. Here are some inspirational quotes from AWESOME female entrepreneurs that are rocking the online world and that definitely will inspire you to keep going!
1. “If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jennifer Sincero, #1 NY Times Bestselling author of You Are a Badass!
Even in those days where you feel like you don’t want to do anything, think about your “why” and stop making excuses. The only barrier preventing you from building a successful VA business is YOU.
2. “Operating from an ABUNDANCE MINDSET allows you to cast your vision, make an action plan, and know that everything that you need to achieve that goal already lies within you or could be immediately available to you. It just needs activation.” – Taylor Lane, Founder of Remote Like me.
Girl, working from the inside out is essential in all aspects of your life, and discarding scarcity thoughts like “I am not worthy”, “Money is difficult to get”, “I won’t get enough clients to replace my current income” and switching them to abundance thoughts and beliefs will definitely unlock your unlimited potential from the inside and get you working on your action plan.
Abundance will come into your life effortlessly.
So, repeat with me: “I am worthy”, “Money is easy to get”, “I am an awesome VA, I have all the skills I need, I am going to land clients that will get paid what I deserve, and earn more than my current income in my 9-5 job”.
3. “Persevere. Even when it feels like all the signs are telling you not to. Your family will be telling you that you are crazy, your bank account will be crying out, and you’ll be hustling like mad. But that’s exactly when it’s all going to fall into place.” – Justyn Jen, Pinterest Guru.
If you feel like no one supports you, join Facebook groups and community of virtual assistants and freelancers, like:
- Work From Home (without selling anything!)
- Digital Nomad Girls Community
- Remote Like Me Community
- Living the Laptop Life
In groups like these, you will definitely find people that understand what you are going through and that can give you advice about anything (even about money). You will never feel alone again!
Believe in yourself and preserve, don’t let anyone or anything get into your head. You are rocking it!
4. “Keep your standards high, keep not settling, trust your gut and don’t ever listen when someone tells you that it’s impossible.” – Jenna Kutcher, host of the Goal Digger Podcast
If a potential client doesn’t want to pay you what you deserve, it is not for you, KEEP YOUR STANDARDS HIGH AND NEVER SETTLE.
If you are working already with a client, and the person is not paying you when you send the invoices and she is not valuing your work, TRUST YOUR GUT and run away from that client (not literally), but you get me!
Keep up the excellent work and don’t listen when someone tells you that you can’t do it, just do it.
5. “Stop underestimating what you are actually capable of doing” – Julie Stoian, Founder of Create Your Laptop Life
Never doubt your skills and capabilities.
- You are capable of doing whatever your heart desires.
- You are capable of living your best life.
- You are capable of running your own business and work with people that you align with.
Do not stop progressing because of your thoughts and what other people say.
6. “It doesn’t take talent or luck to succeed. You just need to decide.” – Marie Forleo, CEO, writer, and host of MarieTV.
- Do you want to uplevel your skills? Invest in a program like 90 Day VA.
- Do you want to land your first client? Get your portfolio and resume ready.
- Do you want to travel the world? Sell some stuff, start your business, be your own boss, and take risks!
Decide NOW that everything is available to you.
7. “Decide right now that every challenge and every rejection that you get on this journey is just going to be a little detail in your epic success story.” – Taylor Lane, Founder of Remote Like me
Every challenge and every rejection that you have had in your career and business helped you become the women you are now. If you applied for a VA position that you really wanted and you didn’t get the job, ask for feedback and learn from it.
The universe is preparing you for something bigger and better!
8. “If you don’t know what your passion is, realize that one reason for your existence on earth is to find it.” – Oprah Winfrey, Entrepreneur, Producer, and Philanthropist.
Do you know what your online passion is? Through your VA journey, you can work in so many different niches using different services and skills that you are good at and you will definitely figure out what is your passion, so don’t worry if you don’t know what fills your heart with joy yet.
You may find that you love writing blog posts, so maybe copywriting would be a great way to go! Or you may find that you enjoy using Canva, Photoshop, and Lightroom, and graphic design is your path.
9. ‘’The truth? You, and only you, are ultimately responsible for who you become and how happy you are.’’ – Rachel Hollins, Founder of the Chic Site and the Hollis Company.
You are the only one that is responsible for your actions, your thoughts, and your happiness. Your attitude towards life and your business will also determinate how much you thrive.
Why? Because it breaks you free from limitations and negative beliefs.
Be thankful every day for every situation that makes you become a better person and business owner. Taking responsibility for your life allows you to know how to respond to challenges and be a problem solver in your VA business and every aspect of your life.
Choose to be happy TODAY and to embrace every day!
10. “This movement is full of every kind of woman. Everyone that is saying NO to the status quo.” – Esther Inman, CEO and founder of 90 Day VA.
Don’t be afraid to be unique and to let your personality shine! If you choose to be YOU, all the clients that align with your soul will come to you.
Don’t be afraid to be the only remote worker in your family; maybe with you as an example, they will get inspired and stop criticizing your choices.
Don’t be afraid of saying NO to the status quo: that you need to go to college to be successful, because IT’S JUST NOT TRUE. You know inside you that the universe has bigger plans for you, so go for it girl!
11. “Keep your eyes open. Listen. Follow your curiosity. Ideas are constantly trying to get our attention. Let them know you’re available.” – Elizebeth Gilbert, #1 NY Times bestselling author of Eat, Pray, Love and Big Mac.
When you are working on a blog post for a client and you feel stuck: take a break!
Meditate, breathe, listen to your mind and heart and after that do some research, listen to podcasts, or brainstorm some ideas. Sometimes we just need a little break to let our busy mind rest and get some refreshing ideas.
12. “I was just a normal military wife and mom, and I wanted to be able to take and create a career that would travel with me anywhere. Now we are based in Bali, we travel the world as much as we want to, and I just grab my laptop with me wherever we go”– Esther Inman, CEO and founder of 90 Day VA
This could be you! You can travel the world and have the life that you have always dreamed of. You don’t need to wake up every day at the same time and have the same routine of rushing to prepare the kids to go to school, to get ready for work and forget to even have your breakfast.
Keep learning, invest in yourself, have an action plan, do the work and believe you can do it.
13. “As someone who regularly hires for online jobs for clients, let me share a little secret with you: the competition is never as fierce as you think.” – Deya Aliaga, COO of Virtual Assistant Internship.
You saw on Facebook that your dream client is looking for a VA, and there are 100 comments saying “I sent you a DM” or “I’m interested” so you decide to back off and not apply.
Wait a minute.
Prepare a killing application with a media kit, your remote resume, and RELEVANT SAMPLES and just apply.
Most of the applicants may not have good samples, relevant experience or the heart and drive for the role, so never think that you are not enough just because there are so many people applying ahead of you.
Being a virtual assistant can have its ups and downs, but you don’t need to go through everything on your own. It’s important to keep your mind positive and your hustle mentality strong.
I like to keep inspirational quotes on my phone and desktop wallpaper to get me inspired every morning.
So, I teamed up with my graphic designer to create some beautiful and inspiring wallpapers for you to download for FREE!
And if you are new to this and if you feel like you are ready to take action and join a program and a community that will uplevel your skills and support you all the way through, you can check out this free class for more information about Esther’s proprietary program, 90 Day VA!
Arais is a virtual assistant ready to help you make the world a better place. She is a cat lady and a certified Animal Care Assistant who loves traveling and helping conscious businesses that support animal welfare and the environment. She’s a member of 90 Day VA and assist with everything from content creation and re-purposing, social media management, lite web management and PR to general business management. To see all the services she offers and how she can help you, check out her Facebook here.